Asbestos Awareness Training
Do you know what asbestos looks like?
Do you know what to do when you come across asbestos in the workplace?
Are you putting yourself, employers and contractors at risk of exposure to asbestos materials?
Asbestos Awareness training is essential for any worker in construction or related industries.
Indoor air is defined as any non-industrial indoor space where a person spends a period of an hour or more in any day and can include the office, classroom, motor vehicle, shopping centre, hospital and home.
EHS experienced and qualified consultants can tailor a suitable awareness training program designed for:
- for those who are likely to come across asbestos in the workplace, home or during refurbishment works and/or
- for anyone working in an environment where they are likely to be working with asbestos materials.
At the conclusion of our training you will be able to:
- Identify and describe different types of asbestos
- Identify likely Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) and products
- Identify and control asbestos-related hazards
- Relate safe work methods to ACM
- Appropriately and accurately report the presence of ACM to relevant state stakeholders and/or authorities
- Describe the health risks, effects and preventative measures associated with asbestos exposure
- Apply effective understanding of relevant legislation and duty of care and
- Identify asbestos control, maintenance and emergency procedures