Environmental Management Systems
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a tool for managing the impacts of an organisation's activities on the environment. It provides a structured approach to planning and implementing environment protection measures.
An EMS monitors environmental performance, similar to the way a financial management system monitors expenditure and income and enables regular checks of a company's financial performance. An EMS integrates environmental management into a company's daily operations, long term planning and other quality management systems.
Environmental Health Solutions (EHS) can assist you with EMSs and you will benefit in the following ways:
- minimise environmental liabilities;
- maximize the efficient use of resources;
- reduce waste;
- demonstrate a good corporate image;
- build awareness of environmental concern among employees;
- gain a better understanding of the environmental impacts of business activities; and
- increase profit and improve environmental performance through more efficient operations.